Quinoa Leftover Casserole
Quinoa leftover casserole is something which I created yesterday on the spur of the moment; there was a lot of leftover in the fridge and this light bulb moment suddenly sprung and WOW! it was surprisingly delicious.
To serve 4
- Boiled Quinoa
- Onion: 2
- Leftovers. ( I had mushroom curry, shallow fried cabbage and shallow fried plantain curry)
- Paprika – 1tsp
- Curry Leaves: Few (can omit in unavailable)
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- A handful of chopped herb of your choice) (parsley, coriander, mint..)
- Cashew Nuts
- Mustard Seeds for tempering
- Chana dal for tempering if available
- Coconut Oil
- Lime juice (1/2 lime)
- Cook 250 gms of Quinoa separately. (1 cup water to 1 cup Quinoa)
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Temper with mustard seed and channa dal, once the mustard seeds splutter, add the chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Fry the onions until translucent. Add all the leftovers, add some water if it is dry and cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Add the boiled Quiona, 1 tsp turmeric, 1tsp paprika and salt and cook/fry for further 7-10 minutes.
- After switching off the pan, transfer it to an oven proof dish.
- If you want a variation, sprinkle some cheese and bake it in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped herbs and diced cashew nuts after removing the dish from the oven.