Malaysian Sweet Penang Curry
Malaysian Sweet Penang Ingredients and Method
- Malaysian Sweet Penang Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Two red onions
- One fresh red chilli
- 3cm piece of ginger
- One bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 x 400 ml tin light coconut milk
- Three teaspoons curry powder
- Olive Oil
- Oriental vegetables of your choice (Sweetcorn, Mushrooms, Tenderstem Brocolli, Runner beans, Carrots)
- Tofu 1 packet
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Peel, finely slice and add the onion along with the curry powder, mix well, then cook for 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Add two tablespoons of the coconut milk and four tablespoons of the curry paste and fry for two minutes so that it mixes well with onions. Add all the vegetables and the rest of coconut milk.
- Cut 250 gms of Tofu into small cubes and then fry them in 1 tsp of oil with soy sauce and then add them to the saucepan.
- Add salt to taste
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stope the heat and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and squeeze half a lime.
- Serve it with brown basmati rice or plain rice.
ALSO CHECK: Red Pepper and Halloumi Salad