Happy Curry Week All! This week I will introduce Lemon Rice, some comfort foods which is delicious and will warm our heart this Autumn week.
It is easy to make tangy and great tasting South Indian recipe which you will all enjoy.
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- One tsp chana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Whole dry Kashmiri Chillies (3) or green chillies (3) (deseeded)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Preparation time (10 minutes)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan for 1 minute in medium heat and then mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies or red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, add one more tablespoon of oil and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
Variation: The Lemon rice quick version can omit the chana dal, urad dal or curry leaves. It can be accompanied by Potato curry which I will include in the next recipe.
ALSO CHECK: Golden Orange Smoothie Recipe