Broccoli,Tomato & Feta Frittata
1. Heat broiler with rack placed 6-8 inches from heat.
2. Place 8″ non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté scallions until slightly wilted- less than 1 minute.
3. Whisk eggs together with a teaspoon of salt and several grinds of pepper. Add eggs to skillet and let them sit for 30 seconds. Use a spatula to scrape the edges of the pan. Pause another 30 seconds and repeat process. As eggs begin to set, add broccoli and stir into eggs.
4. Once eggs are almost set, allow the pan to sit on the heat for 1 minute without touching (this helps create the bottom crust). At this time add the tomatoes and goat
cheese to the top.
5. Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes, top will begin to brown, eggs will slightly soufflé, and the centre will be set. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove frittata to a cutting board.
Lightly steam broccoli:
- Bring 1/4 inch of water to a boil in a large frying pan
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- Add your broccoli florets
- Cover and steam until they are to your desired tenderness, about 3 minutes
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 cup Broccoli, raw (chopped into bite sized bits and steamed)
2 tsp Canola oil
8 tomato Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
12 medium egg Egg
1/4 cup, crumbled Feta cheese
1/4 cup Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)
1/4 tsp Salt
Egg sare a great source of protein and are very high in B vitamins
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable and is especially rich in vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 1.5
Milk Alternative 0.2
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss