Beet and Bean Burgers
1. Soak the ground flaxseed in 3 tbsp water for 15 minutes.
2. Place grated beets and carrots in the food processor. Using a metal blade, add the beans and process 10-15 times until the mixture blends. The beans should have some texture. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
3. Using your hands, mix well.
4. Place the mixture in the fridge for a 1⁄2 hour to chill.
5. Remove from fridge and form into burgers.
6. Heat a thin layer of oil in a pan over medium heat.
7. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side.
8. preheat oven to 400*F.
9. Place burgers on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and cook for 30 minutes until heated through, flipping after 15 minutes to make sure they are crispy on both sides.
10. Top with avocado slices, lettuce, or your favorite burger toppings.
2 cup Black beans, canned (drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 cup Beets, raw (grated)
1 1/2 cup grated Carrots
1/4 cup Parsley, fresh (chopped)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 small Red onion (finely chopped)
2 clove(s) Garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (a pinch)
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Rolled oats, dry
1 tbsp Flaxseed meal (ground)
3 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (for sauteeing – can use coconut oil)
Beans are a great source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber and other important nutrients
Beets are high in fiber, folate and vitamin C and contain nitrates and pigments that help to lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 0.4
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss